Monday, May 9, 2011

"Oh. We thought this was public property."


Apparently it's mushroom season. How do I know this. Let me tell ya.

A few weeks ago, my dad received a phonecall that went a little something like this.

Neighbor: "Hi, this is your neighbor Loquacious*. I just noticed an older couple walking through your yard. I didn't recognize them so I thought I would let you know."
Dad: "Oh well thank you! And since we are keeping each other informed, your son is a tool." (Ok I added that last part)

Seeing as we don't know any old people that should be walking through our yard, my dad called my mom and informed her of this fact. She looked out the window and there they were!

She walked outside with a machete and our attack dog to go see what these elderly hoodlums were up too. (I added something there too. Can you figure it out? The ironic part is my mom is more likely to be seen carrying a machete then my dog is to be seen attacking someone. I digress.)

By this point, they had made it through our yard and into the wooded area behind our yard, which is in fact, still part of our yard. Their conversation went something like this:

Mom: "Excuse me, you are on private property right now. And I've got a machete, right here." (points to whoever gets that)

Elderly hoodlums: "Oh you mean this wooded are that we had to walk through someone's yard to get to isn't a greenbelt??"

Mom: "No, it's not."

Elderly hooldlums: "Oh we're sorry. We were just out looking for mushrooms! Does anyone own the woods behind yours?"

Mom: "Ummm, yes."

Elderly hoodlums: "Oh, well ok. Thanks for not attacking us with your machete."

And that's my story.  

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment