Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hipsters and Strawberries.


This weekend was our local festival. 2 years ago, I was the festival queen, so I have a fond place in my heart for it. Even if it is basically a community party. And not the kind of party where BYOB means bring your own burgers but rather, bring your own beer. And lots of it. Anyways, my friend lives in the heart of town meaning, the curbs of her street becomes a one level parking garage for the evening. We thought it would be a good time to have a little craft show!


"Everyone, crowd around. Look like there are a lot of people here." Hence, my father checking out my pendants...


I decided I would sell my Scrabble Tile Pendants. All the tutorials online make them look so stinking easy. Let me tell ya, they aren't. Ok maybe they aren't as bad as some other things but we went through several rounds of tiles before they had the nice finish we wanted. the secret? A blow torch. I'll leave it at that.


My dad actually thought of the name too! I mean, at the time, he was joking and I kind of laughed it off. And then later I got to thinking, "Huh, that might actually work!" I was struggling to come up with a name that still worked with my blog but wasn't the exact same. So Hipster Bling it is!


Wish I could take credit for the cute packaging...that was mostly mom too.

The weather wasn't so hot (wait, it's June and it's still raining?! Shocking!). Therefore, we didn't get as much foot traffic as we would have liked. Actually, we didn't get any foot traffic! Our only customers were our friends. Good thing we can get them to part with their money!
Even though we hardly sold anything, we had a lot of fun!
For those of you who are wondering, I should have an Etsy site up soon!!


After several hours trying to hawk our wares, I packed up my pendant suitcase and moved on to the next event. (Everything I needed; pendants, chalk boards, cork borad, easel, business cards and tablecloth; all fit very nicely in my suitcase. Perfect for guerilla crafting!)


Me and my bestie Shane were parade announcers! And no, we aren't related. By blood at least. We got to sit in the back of a pickup truck and talk for about two hours straight. Glamorous! We had a great time though! Most people didn't appreciate our humor but hey, that's alright!


We were basically an ad for Rushmore Tax.


My fader and broder. can we get a close up of my face?


Definiton of our relationship right there.

Shane-"Shelby, shut up! What are you doing?!"
Me-"So uh, yeah it's uh pretty cool"
Shane-"I don't know what you're talking about!"

Please tell me other people get that reference!


No comments:

Post a Comment